In my earlier post, I provided an introduction to The Feld Framework. In this post I talk about the five time boxed phases.
The Five Time-Boxed Phases
Strategy- Phase 1
|Failure state & Scenario Planning|
- Perform the Gap Study between the current business model and the future state: It defines the work, timeframes, investments, and risks of the transformation.
- Articulate a compelling reason to change (WHY) and propose WHAT to change.
- Multiple pathways to reach to the future state: Scenario planning to get Best Fit Scenario, that shapes the HOW and WHO portions of the agenda.
- Time duration for this phase between 90 – 120 days.(No traction if <90 days; It becomes a science fair project if it takes more than 120 days). Detailed plan takes to next phase: The Turn.
- Executive committee-led effort with heavy engagement by the IT leader/CIO